Yams are root tubers and are also known as starchy vegetables found in Africa and some other countries. It has series of health benefits which are Promoting hair growth, Preventing a premature birth, Good for the brain, Helps to control weight, Good for the eyes and Reduces risk of cancer etc.
I could go on but i don’t want to bore you, it versatility and delicious taste is one to behold and i can personally say Yam is Bae!
Here are some photos that proves yam is such a slayer.
Meal: Boiled sliced yam, garnished scramble egg with fried fish and sliced apple. Photo via @chefdeee on Instagram
Meal: Boiled diced Yam and Vegetable soup (efo riro). Photo via @foodace on Instagram
Meal: Yam porridge and grilled Fish. Photo via @lilicious_cooking on Instagram
Meal: Yam pepper soup with Boiled Fish. Photo via @foodlandfairy on Instagram
Meal: Pounded Yam and Afang soup. Photo via @sisi_jemimah on Instagram
Meal: Fried Yam, Fried Plantain and sauce. Photo via @thekitchenmuse on Instagram
Stay happy and healthy!
We all know Saturdays in Nigeria are typically for party from weddings to birthdays to burials etc. Nigeria are known for their delicious meals most especially the famous ‘party Jollof rice’ Here are the top 5 food you can find in a typical naija party… Photo credit: @thefoodnetworknig via instagram
#5 Pounded yam with Egusi soup (melon) and meat.
#4 Amala with gbegiri and ewedu soup with meat.
#3 Eba (Garri) and Efo elegusi soup (melon).
#2 Fried rice and chicken
#1 The famous Nigerian jollof rice popularly known as PARTY JOLLOF RICE and chicken.
1. Plantain slaying in boiled plantain pepper soup with orisirisi eran… Photo credit: @thefoodnetworknig via Instagram
2. Fried plantain with sauce and peppered chicken…plantain is gorgeous…photo credit: @thefoodnetworknig via Instagram
3. Diced Fried plantain with fried rice and Chicken… plantain is just so cute. photo credit: @thefoodnetworknig via Instagram
4. Diced fried plantain with Ofada rice, hot sauces with egg and fried chicken… Photo credit: @thefoodnetworknig via Instagram
5. Fried plantain with yam porridge and garnished Efo riro with boiled beef…Slayage. Photo credit: @kamdora via Instagram